Monday, November 22, 2010

2) An Assassins Life

Over the course of a few days I been playing this game called Assassin's Creed 2. It follows the story of an Assassin and while the main plot is more complex, you follow him and trail on killing many powerful politic souls in the middle age era.(which to you are nothing with all your skills)

Now aside from the game plot itself, it defiantly has a lot of religious beliefs and detail inside that could very well be fictional. History is interesting no? Well I find it interesting for some reason. I mean back say during the middle years (which is about 1000-1500AD) many things back then would've changed history to make it what it is now. No doubt Assassin's were involved in that as the game itself implies, so what is fact and what is fiction?

Of course there's obvious fictions since it's a video game... but I'm talking more about the history, I mean these guys who made the game are obviously well detailed about details of those eras with I'm sure of many what if's and unsure facts.. such as Assassin's involvement in the course of history. I don't know I haven't read a lot of history during the Crusades timeline but I would be inclined to believe Assassin's were involved than not.

I like story telling and if good enough, even a video game can draw me in.. thinking to believe perhaps in some truth. There's a lot of mystery involved with history expanding to the very early time of Adam and Eve and that magic apple we always hear about in books. These people are conveying history in such a way that while most probable is false, how can we really know? There's so much speculation of the past with very little evidence, someone's bound to be right at some point... ... right?

Anyway an assassin's life would be an interesting one to follow.. this game shows you that. Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment